Registration and Payment
- Tuition fees are based on a 40 weeks lesson term, which is ten months in length (September- June). Lessons that fall on statutory holidays are included. Lesson held over Christmas break (typically between Dec 23rd-January 5th) and Spring Break (1 week) are not included. Both dates are TBA (To be Announced.)
- Generally, in order to have 40 lessons in each term, lessons will start after Labour day. However, that is not the case for every year; teacher will give further notice for these exceptions.
- We will require 10 post-dated cheques from September to June for registration. Please date the cheques by the first day of each month, payable to “JW’s music studio LTD.” Please also write the student’s name at the memo section of the cheque.
- There is ten dollar fee ($10) for any dishonoured cheque.
- There is a registration fee of $20 for all NEW students.
- Class will NOT commence without the ten post-dated cheques.
- Students who wish to withdraw from study are required to give at least four weeks notice. Otherwise, there will be $40 administration fee charge. The remaining cheques held on account will be returned to the student.
- Each student reserves a set time for a weekly lesson and is responsible for showing up on that reserved time. Lesson time can not be extended if the student arrives late.
- No refund is offered to any missed lessons.
- NO Make – UP lesson and NO Refund available when the student missed a lesson that falls on a Statutory Holiday or on LONG WEEKEND.
- There is NO Make – UP lesson and No Refund available for group lesson, such as theory class, but students will be supplied with the missed material. It is the responsibility of the student to catch up.
- Makeup lesson is up to the discretion of the teacher.
- When teacher is absent, teacher has to arrange a makeup lesson.
- All mutually agreed and scheduled make-up lesson cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
Rescheduling and Cancellation
- Unless Students / Parents give at least 24 hour notice AND cancelled through MyMusicStaff (our online system), No Make-UP Credit will be given.
- For accuracy and transparency, re-scheduling / cancellation must be registered by student or parent through our online system – MYMusicStaff.
- In the case of student cancelling lessons for more than 2 weeks consecutively, a $70/month fee will be charged to maintain the student’s lesson time slot.
- All Make-UP Credit will expire on June 30th of any given year.